Complete the QES and have your say
The Quarterly Economic Survey (QES) is the UK’s largest independent business survey, and you can make sure your voice is heard by clicking the button below to complete the latest survey for Q1 2024.
Each quarter, Devon & Plymouth Chamber of Commerce – in partnership with Allica Bank – uses the QES to capture the thoughts of our members’ on a wide range of issues.
This is your opportunity to feed directly into data that will impact on Government policies and the economic recovery. Don’t waste it – click the button below to complete the survey.
WHAT IS THE QES?
Giving a voice to our region's businesses
The Quarterly Economic Survey (QES) is the UK’s largest independent business survey.
It is a powerful tool for representing the voice of business to Government; the results are analysed and used by Devon & Plymouth Chamber of Commerce at a local level, and nationally through the British Chambers of Commerce.
Key incentives for business to fill out the survey include:
- The Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee uses the QES as one of its key benchmarks when setting interest rates.
- HM Treasury and the independent Office for Budget Responsibility use the QES to put together their forecasts for the UK’s economic performance.
- The European Commission uses the QES to assess the health of the UK economy when it makes policy recommendations for both Westminster and Brussels.
- It is the UK’s largest and longest running independent survey of business sentiment.
Click the button below to see our latest QES results.
WHY IS THE QES SO IMPORTANT?
The QES is the first economic indicator of the quarter, published in advance of official figures and other private surveys, and consistently mirrors trends in official data.
For this reason the survey is closely watched by policymakers such as the Treasury, the Bank of England, the Office of Budget Responsibility and the EU Commission. BCC brief these institutions on the results, and the data is used to feed into monetary and fiscal policy decision-making.
MEET OUR QES PARTNER
Understanding the challenges of SMEs
Allica Bank has partnered with Devon & Plymouth Chamber of Commerce for the Quarterly Economic Survey (QES).
The firm’s aim is to ensure it continues to have a good understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing Devon’s SMEs in 2024 and beyond.
Following a tumultuous period that included Brexit, Covid and the current broader economic pressures, Allica Bank is cautiously optimistic about the trading environment this year.
As a modern relationship bank committed to empowering established businesses to succeed, being part of the QES will allow the firm to build relationships with its clients, help them resolve problems in their businesses and fund growth opportunities as they arise. Click the button below to find out more about Allica Bank.
OUR QES DATES FOR 2024
Fieldwork starts: 13 May
Fieldwork ends: 10 June
Publication: w/c 1 July (TBC)
- Fieldwork starts: 19 August
- Fieldwork ends: 16 September
- Publication: w/c 7 October (TBC)
- Fieldwork starts: 11 November
- Fieldwork ends: 9 December
- Publication: w/c 6 January 2025 (TBC)