Kickstart job placement scheme
Devon & Plymouth Chamber is supporting the Department for Work & Pensions in helping small businesses get involved in the Kickstart Scheme.
The Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion fund to create hundreds of thousands of high quality 6-month work placements for young people aged 16-24, who are claiming Universal Credit. We are working alongside the British Chambers of Commerce and is a recognised intermediary in helping businesses access the scheme.
Businesses who want to create fewer than 30 placements can do so via Devon & Plymouth Chamber of Commerce.
The job placements created with Kickstart funding must be new jobs.
They must not:
- replace existing or planned vacancies
- cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment
- The roles you are applying for must be:
- a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group
- should not require people to undertake extensive training before they begin the job placement
Employers must be able to develop the applicants skills and experience, including:
- support to look for long-term work, including career advice and setting goals
- support with CV and interview preparations
- supporting the participant with basic skills, such as attendance, timekeeping and teamwork